Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween and Birthday

Well, I'm 31.  Wahoo.  No biggie, never been upset or bothered by numbers.  It's how you feel.  And my knees yesterday felt about 80.  But that's cause of the weather.  But that aside, it was a decent birthday.  Not the worst, not the best.  But isn't that how it goes?  I did FINALLY get something from Caimbrie - more like daddy - that says that I'm a mom!  I got a World's Greatest Mom bag, very cute, pink and white.  And 2 charms for my bracelet: a World's Greatest Mom and a 2-part charm - a split heart that says Mother and Daughter.  So I've got my mother half on my bracelet and when Caim has a bracelet, she'll get to put the Daughter half on there.  Oh, how could I forget....Jeff got me a dozen - yes, a dozen - of my favorite Veruca Salt cupcakes from Bleeding Heart Bakery!  Mmm, Mmm, Mmm are they good.  I shared some at work yesterday, but it was my birthday and I have a right to be a little selfish with some of them, don't I?


And I know I'm going backwards, but onto Halloween, which was Monday...but Caimbrie was the cutest little Peep!  I know that I'm biased, but I got a lot of comments about how cute she was.  Jeff and I were both off and while he finished up our yard and putting out the fog machine and getting the mechanics of some things ready, I took Caim to my mom's work and to my work...and it made for a pretty tiring, long morning.  But the girl filled her pumpkin all the way between the two work places!  Mocha was a duck, and she got many compliments as well, and a few biscuits...which she doesn't need.  And those shoes?  They were just cheapy white shoes, but I double-sided-taped on the fluffy yellow trim....so cute!




And we actually came very close to giving away all the candy - full sized candy bars, I might add - to all the kids that came by.  Now, we bought the least amount we've ever bought, 4 boxes.  But there's 30 bars to a box and that's 120 bars. (The Reese's box was a back-up in case we actually ran out.)  Normally we get 5 or 6 boxes but only go through about 2 boxes worth, if that.  This year we don't even have a full box left!  Woo hoo!  Not like I mind, really, but we finally are getting some kids!  We live right by a grammar school, for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment