Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hunger Games

Well, I was ahead of the curve at work at least for reading the Hunger Games (many have now borrowed and read my books thoroughly).  I got the series for my birthday last November, not too long after Mockingjay was released.  I had heard the people on the podcast Pottercast that I listen to raving about it.  So I had to give it a whirl. 

Well, well, what a whirl it was.  I was actually very, very busy at work that week.  Had a ton of transcripts to do.  And I did all my pages throughout that whole week while reading every lunch hour and only at night after Caimbrie went down for bed and during breaks in court.  And I read all three books before the week was finished.  Damn, it's a great series.

Now, those who know me, know that I'm a Harry Potter fanatic.  I have my snitch tattoo to prove it....not that that's why I got it, but nevertheless.  I also like the Twilight series.  I'm not one to compare, I just like books to like them, or love 'em if I love 'em.  And although the writers and stories are completely different and I'm not obsessed with Hunger Games like HP, I do have to say I love the series. 

So I finally got a chance to watch the trailer.  A day late, yes, but I JUST watched it.  And wow, it evokes everything that I felt when reading the book.  I didn't think it would.  I was skeptical about their choices for actors (like I have the right), but I was.  Well, this put that skepticism away for me.  I really, really am looking forward to this movie.  And if you haven't read the books, I always believe there can't possibly be enough in the movies to portray the feelings and thoughts of the main character in a book on screen, so I say read them.  But I bet even if you don't read them, that the movie would be worth a watch.

http://youtu.be/p-5ANq4sAL0

No comments:

Post a Comment