Friday, February 10, 2012

Friendships

You know, you never truly know how much you care about someone as a friend until you see them troubled, crying, upset, whatever....and you ache.  Your heart just aches and breaks to see them that way.  I mean, we've all had times when we get upset with people.  It's a matter of acknowledging that they matter, their feelings matter, they as a person matter.  We've all felt like nothing.  Been treated like shit and down in the dumps and hoping someone will stick up for us or acknowledge we are a worthwhile human being.

Well, I will stick up for my friends until the end of the earth.  And if it causes another argument because I stand up for them?  So be it.  But dammit, no one deserves to be treated like crap.  No one deserves to be attacked.  We are adults.  We should not attack first, ask questions later, 'crap' apologize even later.  We should think first, respect someone, and agree to disagree.  Easier said than done.  And I know people who have not learned this lesson who are two times my age and people who have learned this lesson who are younger than I.  But it remains the same, we have to learn it.  And I learned it, a long time ago.  It took a while to hold in my filter and be calm about it, but it happened.  And I may be 31 and people may disagree and don't think I have a freakin' clue.  But I do.  And let me tell you, folks, this is not 3rd grade and we should fucking respect each other.

And if you are one of the true friends I have in my life, of which there are a few, I will do whatever I can to make sure that someone isn't treating you like shit, whether to your face or not.  And I will, and do, hurt for you when you hurt.  God, do I hurt.  And my heart is aching.  And I wish I could do more.  But I can't.  I can only defend, hug, love, and hope that if you need me, you will come to me.....I will always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment