Monday, July 6, 2015

Wow. Is it July already?

Well, we've had a few things happen.  The Wee Man turned 2.  Our Sugar turned 5.  We're all registered for Kindergarten, which starts in only a little over a month.  Which is ridiculous since we've had the rainiest summer time months I can remember.

But all is going well.  I've taken up spinning yarn again and I'm very, very happy.  I got a Great Wheel, has a broken leg and needs to be fixed, but it was passed on to me for free!!  Can't beat that!  When it's all fixed, I will definitely take some pics.

Here's some crocheting spoils for the last few months.

My HPKCHC Spinning OWL, spinning 1.5 lb of fiber in 3 months....progress so far.





This is part of my OWL, but it's also part of the TDF....Tour de Fleece...a take on the Tour de France that is taking place.  You challenge yourself to spin every day the riders are 'spinning' away on their bikes.

Baby gifts

 

Project Gnome Diplomacy for MochiMochiLand Blog

Gift for Lidia, a 'sort of' crocheted version of her doggie, Chloe


Test Crochet for Nerdy Knitters Designs of Twilight Sparkle Chibi

Teacher gifts for preschool teachers.  Apple keychains and Pencil coasters to go with teacher mugs. 

A Dr. Who Swap through Odd Ducks.....this is a Kindle Fire HD Tardis Cozy and a Weeping Angel 


I will be spinning for the next month, I am pretty sure it is.  I will spin up  my OWL fibers that I've got and I'll put up progress photos here.  And I will also spin this up next....
Salt Water Taffy colorway....it's GORGEOUS.  I can't wait to spin it.  I don't know why I didn't put it as part of my OWL....but oh well.  

On the home front, we had a good, but long, 4th of July.  The kids are happy and healthy, with the exception of the allergy to mosquito bites that Sugar has.  She welts up like no one's business and it's hard to see happen.  And since the mosquitoes are big enough to carry my kids away with them this year, it's trying.  But Hubby has been newly voted into the Mason's, so that's a good journey he'll be taking. Hopefully the breakaway group that we're now a part of, the Levelers, will bring us together some more as a family and into a nice, new group of people.

That's all for now.  Hope you  had a safe holiday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment