Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End of one year....onto the next

Well, 2014 is at a close.  Literally too, tonight!  It's been quite the year.  There's been surgeries and sicknesses galore.  3 weddings, a baby shower and baby in the family.  The death of Mocha, our awesome Chocolate Lab.  The getting/saving of Cookie, our 2 yo pitbull.  Remodelling and unpacking....still.  Lots of fun memories with the kids.  And lots of crafting.


Carl was Christened on May 25th




We had Mosey pass, our lovely girl....on June 3rd




Then the weddings!

First was the only wedding we weren't in!  Lynn and Bill on Sept. 20th!
Caim had so much fun dancing on the floor and playing at their awesome kids table full of tons of games and drawing stuff.
Carl and me danced and swayed and had a great time.  Jeff isn't much in to the dancing :)

Made these for them...










Next was Amanda and Nick on Sept. 27th!
I made the shawl over the summer for her, though it was nice out and she didn't wear it, it was still worth it, no matter what it's for.

And for her bachelorette party I made this lovely....a chapstick coozie





Caim was one of 5 flower girls!!  Carl was just dressed up cute.  I was Matron of Honor, and had a great time.







Then there was John and Kay's wedding on Oct. 3rd!
All 4 of us stood up in this one!  And let me tell you, my hair rocked!!!  A Mohawk braid, and because my hair was down to my butt, it was VERY workable and looked fabulous!!







On October 6th we got Cookie, after all the wedding hoopla was over with...saved her from a pound....
She's so ridiculously sweet, it's amazing.




Then I chopped off the hair I had been growing out for said weddings on Oct. 9th...16 inches for Locks of Love


We saw Santa at the Adventure to Santa at Oakbrook Center Mall



We had a good Christmas and hopefully will have a nice New Year.  Missed Barb at Christmas Eve this year, but she had a good friend's house to go to that she's known since she was little, I understand, she just was missed.  


I am still in the HPKCHC on Ravelry and crafting away.  This year has been the year of crochet for me.  I want to get back to spinning.  I have some looming projects that I have as WIPs that I need to get off my plate, and I am going to be doing a Detention OWL this term to get those done.  It will be the year for me too.  If I want to do stuff for others, I will.  But this year, I'll do what I want, for whom I want, when I want.  And I'll do stuff for me.  Socks, mitts, finish a scarf, make whatever I want to as a tester maybe.  Do a swap this year. Make some stuff for the kids that looks fun.  Whatever my heart desires.

So some of my works this year....

























And this month I've done....
Mizzou Tiger...






Colorado Ram....it was several pieces of patterns and modified to be its own thing, so I'll have the pattern in the next post.


I was sorted in Slytherin again in my Rav. group - HPKCHC, I'm a middle of the Anaconda nest, I am the Swap Mistress, heading up the big term swap again and a member of the Slytherin Sunshine Committee. I look forward to sharing much more crafting and other things in general with you!

I hope everyone has a fantastic new year!!!  I sure hope I do!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment