Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Knitting, Spinning...and Pregnancy

Well, I didn't quite meet my once a month.  Last month was a doozy for me.  I found out I'm pregnant!  Yay!  Due May 16th as of right now, so about a month before Caim turns 3.  Right as she is a tiny beast too, fun, fun, fun.  This too shall pass.  This too shall pass.  This too shall pass.  Right?  Right?  Oh, God, I hope so.

I finally got sorted into the HPKCHC, which for you nonRavelers out there, it's the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup.  And I love it!  I'm in Slytherin.  I love my house, my nest, my mates...it's fantastic.  But I am finding an issue.  I have to put in one project, not detention, so a brand new project, for a minimum of 1 class each month.  Shouldn't be hard, right?  Well, I'm having the same issue with this pregnancy I had with the last one.  Last time I had a hard time scrapbooking because it made me ill.  And I'm having the same issue with knitting.  Ridiculous.  I actually have to push myself to do it.  I have hats I'm doing for my cousin's daughters, hopefully matching doll hats for them as well.  But it's got to be actually knitted!  Hello!  I've cast on after talking to the designer about sizing issues and I have yet to do another row.  I got my loom all set up,  now I just need to put my butt into gear.

That leads my to my homework.  Yes, homework.  Not the work from work, cause I'm choosing to take it a little easy there right now.  I am just so exhausted all the time, I can't push myself more than I have to, and that's a choice I'm making for me and my baby.  I could definitely use the money.  Couldn't we all?  Sure we could.  But it's not worth my health right now, which is wreaking havoc.  My stomach, constant nausea, migraines galore.  It's fantabulous.  But for an Anniversary present, Jeff told me he wanted to buy me a spinning wheel!  My very own spinning wheel!  I've dreamt of one since I started getting fiber to spindle spin.  So I got a Kromski Sonata on 10-13.  It's beautiful.  I don't have a pic of my wheel, but I have taken a pic off of New Voyager's website to show you what it looks like.  I'll put a pic of mine soon enough.
So the guy who sold it to me from Wool, Warp & Wheel in Richmond, IL was super nice.  I treadled on it for a bit.  A few other wheels as well.  This one felt the best for me, best distance in treadles, best feel, it was  wonderful.  So I took it home.  He showed me maintenance, how to break it down (cause it's portable), how to put it back up, but not how to spin any fiber.  I figured I could watch some videos online, like I did with the spindle.  Yeah, it was just not working.  So I just happened to go to the site I saw TLD Design Studio and see if they had classes...sure enough they had one that started last Saturday!  So I signed up and it was spindle spinning last Saturday and it's wheel spinning this Saturday!  I'm so excited to learn how to finally get that fiber onto my wheel.  But my homework.  Yep, I'm coming back around.  I have to spin at least 10 minutes a day and I'll bring in what I spun to show Betty Burian Kirk...who is amazing and a really good teacher, by the way.  So I've had to take what little time I have at home at night to knit and spin to I can really, really get my drafting down as much as possible before the wheel class.  So it's put a bit of a hindrance on my knitting.  So now I really have to bust out some knitting this weekend.  And we're going to head to he Boo at the Zoo at Brookfield on Sunday and Saturday I have the class.  Doesn't leave me much time.  Send some happy knitting vibes my way so I can ease myself and just knit a little bit every night and bust out this hat before Halloween!  Yet again, maybe I should just knit up something really quick, if I can, and put it into a class and not worry about whether I get the hat done.  Ugh, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment