Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crafting

I'm going to try harder to post more often.  This is the start.  Dad's hip replacement was 2 days ago, he's doing all right.  In pain, but this pain will dissipate as opposed to the pain he had from the bone-on-bone hip for months.  That had to be horrendous.

My brother's birthday was yesterday, 27!  Wow, I can't believe it!  And of course there's just too much that's been going on, so I'm the bad only sister who will give him a birthday present late.  Bad sister!  What makes me even worse?  I don't even know what to get him!  I guess that's what happens when you don't live with someone anymore, you just don't see the every day things that they need and want and like to surprise them with.  Blech.

And on crafting.  I just have to say, I wish I could craft for a living.  I love my job, don't get me wrong, although I'm slacking a tad right now writing this instead of doing a transcript.  But as soon as I finish this, that transcript will have my full attention.  I don't love the homework with my job.  But that aside, I wish I could stay home, take care of Caim, have a schedule, make dinners that I can plan and have time to prep and make, keep up on the house stuff every day instead of late at night and on weekends, and craft: spin, knit, and scrap.  I have so many thoughts and ideas and want to do so much....and I just don't have the time. Not a bit.  And then I end up wiped out at work because I do this stuff late at night and it's just frustrating.  I am not complaining, I have a job.  A job that pays at that.  Good insurance...as of now.  A roof over my head, all that stuff.  But let me tell you, if I could just stay home and do that with schedules and doing and making?  I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I would always find something to keep me busy.

With that, I will get back to my real life.  The actual job and homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment