Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tea/Knit Swap Box

I can finally post this.  Elin in Sweden and I were partnered up through Ravelry, a knit/crochet community website, and we joined a Mad Hatters Tea Party Swap Box forum.  I shipped mine off last Tuesday, and she received it yesterday!  I was so excited that she loved it.  I worked hard to make sure it catered to her and what I thought she'd love.  I had so much fun knitting up the mug hug for her.  Although I used Bethany Dailey's Cabled Mug Hug as a jumping off point, I pretty much just made it my own and made it work for the mug I sent Elin.  I also made my first Scrubbie-O whilst doing this swap and I LOVE it!  I can't wait to make more....I have made 2 more so far, but I just want to keep making them!  I'll post some pics now of the box I sent her.  I'm so proud of it!  And I'm starting a smaller swap for the beginning of May with the Yahoo! Group Gettin' It Pegged, and I'm also part of a - wait for it- HARRY POTTER themed swap through the Odd Ducks Swap Group on Ravelry!  I'm BEYOND excited for that one!  Oooooh, I can't wait to do it!  But I won't find out my secret partner till the beginning of April, and I won't know who's sending to me either....so exciting!  I'll be posting pics of both those swaps when they're done and received by my respective swapees.  And I may even post when I receive Elin's box!  Hopefully I'll get it when I'm recovering this weekend from my knee surgery....which is this Friday the 23rd.  That would be a nice fun surprise!  All right, picture time!



No comments:

Post a Comment